Sunday, January 6, 2013

Confessions

Here goes nothing.....

I LOVE to throw things away!

I LOVE to buy things!


Now I know this seems kinda crazy, but its true, I love to do both. Someone once told me to solve an inner problem, you must first admit it. So there! I did it! I admit it. I love to throw things away as much as I love to shop. I don't necessarily throw away the things I buy right away, but if I haven't used it in 4 months or more it goes in the trash! So now, here is my next confession.

My husband LOVES to keep things.

This creates a problem. A big problem. Normal couples argue about money or how to parent their children, Anthony and I argue about stuff and whether to throw it away or not. Silly, I know, but true. Most wives hide their shopping habit, I hide bags of stuff that I throw away until I can get it to the dump.

I love my husband so as part the new me in 2013, I am going to make a conscience effort to buy less and be a little more organized so it is not always easier to just throw it away, instead maybe find a special place for it.

I think part of my love for throwing things away comes from the fact that we have moved a lot in the last few years. Unfortunately, my throwing away habit didn't really come into play until the last move. As I went through boxes and unpacked I found myself getting really angry. Angry because what I found in some boxes was of no value and didn't really moved in the first place.

So here's the mission. Start small.

Go through one closest or room a week. Organize, throw away and enjoy. I started a couple weeks ago, and I am really beginning to enjoy my progress.

Good Luck



No comments:

Post a Comment